Do you want to spend a ski holiday with the family? Do you want to learn to ski or do you want your children to learn to ski? Then know that they exist Tyrolean regions who pay particular attention to the needs of the little ones.
In fact, in Tyrol you can find many ski areas ideal for families, with ski areas reserved for children and areas where you can rent skis for children. Here is a selection of these equipped regions, by the Tyrolean Tourist Board.
- Alpbach. In the Kid’s Center in Alpbach in the Skijuwel Alpbachtal Wildschönau you can ski with the little ones, for which there is an hourly service on the premises of the Wiedersberghornbahn cable car. There is a wardrobe for their belongings, sleeping spaces and even a cinema for children. At nearby Reith in the Alpbachtal there is a magic carpet (conveyor belt), fun obstacles and much more.
- Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. Murmli and Berta are the two mascots in the large family ski area of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. And the children’s ski havens Bertas Kinderland in Fiss and Murmlipark in Serfaus bear the names of the two mascots. The sunny plateau region offers its guests age-appropriate children’s ski courses and childcare.
- Ellmau, Scheffau and Söll these are places where childcare is perfectly organized. Great offers await you in the children’s clubs Ellmi’s Kids Club, Schneepiraten Kidsclub and KiKo Kinderbetreuung.
- SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser – Brixental. Here is the Scheffau ski school and, in the Kaiserkinderland or the Abenteuerpark, children learn to ski under the guidance of professional ski instructors. The Hohe Salve panorama mountain in the SkiWelt has numerous easy slopes and the Kids Club Hofpgarten with a practice area, two magic carpets and childcare for children aged 3 and over.
- Skistar St. Johann in Tirol is a popular ski area for excellent family-friendly accommodation, such as the Babyhotel Babymio in Kirchdorf. Parents of young children who have never tried skiing can choose from four winter sports schools.
- TO Hochoetz there is a real snow paradise. Here the Widi mascot welcomes the children and teaches them the ABCs of skiing. To learn you go to one of the three Kids Parks, managed by local ski schools. For older children there is a Funpark under the Balbachsessellift chairlift.
- Kühtai it is a beautiful area, where treasure hunts on skis are also organized. Various tasks and riddles have to be solved in 12 stations and 15 kilometers long. At the Kids Club Kühtai, carers for children aged two to four pay attention to the needs of the little ones.
- In Pillerseetal valley in the Alps of Kitzbühel there is a lot of fun: the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, Buchensteinwand – Bergbahn Pillersee offers, especially for teenagers, games and fun.
- In theOsttirol, the practical area near the mountain station of the Thurntaler Gondelbahn cable car, in the small ski center Sillian Alta Val Pusteria, children are tempted to ski with the Bobos Kinderclub. The slopes of the nearby sun-kissed ski area of Zettersfeld near Lienz are also almost all family-friendly.
- In Stubaital valley there is the Schlick 2000 ski area, where, at the middle station, there is the Big Ron’s Kinderland children’s area with the possibility of assistance, magic carpets, ski carousels and slalom courses.
- The infrastructure onHochzeiger in the Pitztal valley it is great for families, as the distances between the ski school, ski rental and slopes are short. Children learn their first turns in the valley ski course, cheap and without a ski lift ticket.
- Even in the ski area Nauders-Bergkastel families find everything they need. The largest area for the little ones is certainly the Nauderix Kinderland, of 6,500 square meters with a playground, tubing track, Indian path, plus the Nauderix Kids Park, which caters to teenagers with numerous funsport offers.
READ MORE: Creative ideas for building a snowman
SEE ALSO THE PHOTO GALLERY: