The day of August it is a secular and sacred festival placed in the “heart” of the summer holidays. It is therefore important to celebrate it in the best possible way! What can be done with children? Surely the little ones like trips outside the city, outdoor lunches or barbecues with the family. It is also possible to visit museums or go to amusement parks. And, often, evening fireworks are organized: not to be missed!
Here are ten proposals to experience an unforgettable August 15th with the children.
- Spend the day at the beach. Just get sunscreen, sandwiches, umbrella, games to play on the sand, armrests and mattress. For the rest … sea, sun and lots of fun!
- Visit a museum. Mid-August can certainly be an excellent opportunity to visit a museum. In fact, many structures are open on August 15th, just check first on the relative sites.
- Organize an outdoor lunch or barbecue. Perfect for those who love outdoor picnics. In fact, on August 15th it is possible to organize a table and enjoy fish, meat or even vegetable dishes. While the older ones are attentive to the preparations and cooking, the little ones can play together, perhaps doing a treasure hunt. (READ ALSO: Family picnic, 10 tips to make it unforgettable)
- Look at the stars together. Even if the night, par excellence, of the shooting stars is that between 9 and 10 August (therefore San Lorenzo), it is possible to spend some pleasant time staring at the stars even in August. These are, in general, the most suitable days for observing the sky. Even better if there are many wishes to express …
- Walking in the mountains. A valid alternative to the sea is the mountains, whose landscapes can offer a remarkable spectacle to the little ones and a unique opportunity to be outdoors. Particularly suitable for those who love cool and mild temperatures in summer.
- Attend fireworks displays. There are many pyrotechnic shows organized for the day of August, just inquire in advance. The opportunities are all over Italy: lake, mountain, sea, etc.! And it will be a riot of colors in the sky.
- Organize trips outside the city. You can choose to make short trips outside the city for the day of August, which this year, 2019, will fall on Thursday! The important thing is to leave, even at the last moment. The children will be very happy.
- Go to parties organized in the villages and attend processions.
August 15th is also an important religious holiday. This could be the right day to attend the processions organized in honor of the Madonna. Or, alternatively, you can go to a collective party in the country near yours or a few kilometers from the city where you live.
Spend the day at an amusement park. You can spend this special day of celebration in an amusement park or a water park! Thus, the cheerfulness is really … at the top.
Pay a visit to a nature park or a biopark. In Italy there are wonderful parks. In addition, there are also bioparchi, or zoological parks that aim to protect natural resources, including the land and animals that are in danger of extinction. Not to be missed!