Do you want to spend your holidays in a campsite with children in tow? Here are the suggestions of the online booking site Alcampeggio.it, whose experts have explained to us how to organize a camping with the family.
Many families choose every year to go on a camping holiday by the sea or in the mountains, surrounded by nature or in equipped facilities. And even in this strange summer, many families have opted for camping, with the aim of spending relaxing holidays.
How to organize a camping with children?
We asked the experts Alcampeggio.it – online booking site that hosts more than 1000 campsites in Italy and Europe -, who gave us valuable advice for organizing a campsite with children in tow and explained the advantages for the little ones. of a holiday of this type.
In this article
Should you choose a campsite to spend your family holidays?
Antonella, communications manager of Alcampeggio.it and mother of two children, replies: «Family holidays are synonymous with tranquility, relaxation and fun: this is what a camping guarantees. Not only should you prepare your holidays and go camping, but it is recommended for families with children and adolescents.
The campsite is ideal for children, who can have fun outdoors in a joyful and, above all, circumscribed context. Parents can rest assured and entrust themselves to the hands of the animation. Furthermore, considering the variety of the offer, going camping is always convenient, it is a solution that is on average less expensive than others “.
What are the advantages of a camping holiday with children?
According to Antonella, the advantages are manifold. «The children have fun, the parents relax. Many campsites and villages are located right in front of the sea, this offers the family the possibility of not having to constantly move in search of the nearest beach.
The little ones know that the animators have a specific program, so in the morning they wake up with the desire to live their day together with their new friends, whether it is by the pool, on the beach or simply at the mini club!
The greatest advantage is to have all the offer in a single environment: accommodation (bungalow, mobile home, or pitch), swimming pool, sea, sports fields, entertainment, catering … children relax in a positive and welcoming environment: what’s better?”.
What are the rules to be respected if you decide to stay camping in certain areas with children?
«It depends on the area and what type of accommodation you choose. If you are in a camper, caravan or tent, it is a good idea to organize in advance by contacting the campsite or consulting the website to check the services included.
In general, the camping community is very open and welcoming: very often, after a few days in a tent, you end up making friends with the neighbors and organize a barbecue. There are some nice stories that managers or receptionists could tell!
The main rule is always respect for others, this beyond any doubt. And it is the same reasoning if you choose an accommodation such as a bungalow: the rules of good living, like at home, are always the best to respect ».
Tips for organizing a camping holiday with children
- «Choose your campsite based on the services it offers: entertainment, minimarket, restaurant, swimming pool, sports fields, types of accommodation.
- Choose your accommodation carefully: in a mobile home (suitable for newborn children) you can usually find everything, but beware of bed and bath linen, which are not always provided …
- If you opt for a pitch you must also consider a list of things to bring: tent, mattress, cot, camping stove, mosquito repellent products, soap and dishes, a torch, baby equipment (which can often be rented on site).
- Bring the camping electric cables with you: usually they are the ones with industrial attack.
- Ask what is the voltage included in the pitch, to carry electronic equipment that does not blow up the light.
- Choose a campsite that is not in a busy area, it is better for the safety of children.
- Prepare a first aid kit, for any problem.
- Book the campsite in advance to secure the best locations and the best accommodations and organize everything calmly.
- If you leave with the tent, choose an appropriate size with a large veranda and kitchen area
- Involve the children in this adventure in advance, explaining to them that they will sleep outdoors under a starry sky! ».