Pregnancy diet to stay fit and not gain too many pounds in the nine months. The weekly menu proposed by Dr. Valentina Chiozzi.
Diet of pregnancy
What should a pregnant woman eat? In pregnancy there is ua particular diet to follow? We asked Dr. Valentina Chiozzi, who showed us a weekly and daily menu.
Premise: the quantities have not been indicated in the menu, because they depend a lot on the physical conformation of the woman. In fact, the needs of a 150 cm tall woman, for example, are very different from those of a 180 cm tall woman, just as a woman who begins pregnancy overweight is in a different condition than those below her. weight-shape, and those who carry out regular physical activity need more calories than those who lead a completely sedentary life, perhaps because the doctor has advised them to rest. This is why it is always important to refer to your gynecologist, who knows the woman’s health conditions and will be able to give you the most useful information.
Diet of pregnancy: the importance of fruits and vegetables
All meals must begin with a small piece of raw fruit or vegetables to activate the immune system.
Download the pdf of the diet
In this article
Breakfast is the main meal of the day and for this reason it must be a rich meal and include all the nutrients: vegetable element (source of vitamins and minerals), carbohydrates, proteins and fats. All the proposals indicated take into consideration the possible presence of morning sickness and it is advisable to alternate them during the week. Breakfast drinks should not be sweetened or sweetened.
- White yogurt or whole or semi-skimmed milk or yogurt or vegetable milk (rice, oats, soy, millet, etc.) depending on the tolerance of each, with the addition of fresh chopped fruit, cereals with no added sugar (wholemeal muesli, flakes or sticks of whole wheat) and a handful of unroasted and unsalted oil seeds (walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, etc.) rich in Omega 3.
- Fruit (but also juice for those who do not have nausea and acidity, or fruit-only smoothies or centrifuged) + wholemeal toast (possibly with artisan bread without hydrogenated fats, cooked vegetable fats, such as palm oil, or lard), with ham cooked ham and cheese such as emmenthal, fontina or caciocavallo which are particularly rich in calcium; on the other hand, thin slices are to be avoided, which are unhealthy because they are obtained through the hot melting of one or more cheeses with the help of potentially harmful emulsifying additives, such as polyphosphates, as well as preservatives and stabilizers.
- Fruit + infusion (e.g. with red fruits or fennel) or decaffeinated, normal or green tea (to vary) + wholemeal bread with ricotta and sugar-free jam (sweetened with grape or apple juice).
- Fruit + infusion of red fruits, fennel, etc., or decaffeinated tea, normal or green (to vary) + low sodium rice, spelled or corn cakes or whole wheat and rye slices (Wasa type), or bread wholemeal + egg (cooked to taste without fat).
– Snacks (mid-morning and mid-afternoon)
Fresh fruit possibly accompanied by a biscuit or a wholemeal toast or a piece of dry bread (wholemeal) with 2 nuts or other oil seeds If there is no nausea, fruit alone is fine too.
Menu of the week
NB: Single dishes that include both carbohydrates and proteins must be visually balanced. In salmon pasta, for example, the portion of salmon should be clearly visible and will have approximately the same volume as the pasta.
Single dish: Wholemeal pasta with zucchini carbonara (egg and zucchini)
Side dish: Mixed salad dressed with oil and lemon or vinegar
Second: Steamed plaice fillets seasoned with oil, lemon and parsley
Side dish: green beans and potatoes
Single dish: Rice or spelled salad or wholemeal barley (brown rice + tuna in drained or natural olive oil + cheese + vegetables to taste: boiled carrots and green beans, tomatoes, etc …)
Side dish: grilled eggplant
Second: Grilled turkey breast with rosemary, sprinkled with fresh lemon juice; 3-4 biscuits (rice or corn or other cereal) or 1 small wholemeal sandwich
Side dish: boiled spinach
Single dish: Wholemeal pasta with fresh salmon (unsmoked)
Side dish: Season vegetable pinzimonio (carrots, fennel, endive, cucumber, celery, pepper …)
Single dish: Octopus or seafood salad with potatoes
Side dish: Mixed salad
Single dish: Rice and chickpeas with 2 teaspoons of Parmesan
Side dish: Mixed salad
Second: Baked chicken
Side dish: peas and carrots
First course: Wholemeal pasta with tomato and basil
Second: Breaded anchovy pie cooked in the oven with cherry tomatoes and olives (breading also without egg).
Side dish: Carrot, radicchio and fennel salad
Second: Mixed salad with eggs, mozzarella (or other cheese) 3 -4 walnuts, 4-5 olives
3-4 crackers or wasa slices or small wholemeal sandwich
Single dish: Brown rice and lentils
Side dish: Catalonia or boiled beets
First course: Eggplant parmigiana (grilled eggplant, tomato and mozzarella)
Side dish: Salad
First course: Wholemeal pasta with pesto
Second: Grilled swordfish with rocket, oil and lemon
Side dish: Boiled green beans
First course: Lukewarm vegetable puree
Second: Meat rolls and cooked ham
Side dish: Pinzimonio
Condiments: extra virgin olive oil (rich in monounsaturated fats) used raw or towards the end of cooking. Quantity: without skimping, but the oil layer on the bottom of the salad bowl must not remain. Avoid the “scarpetta” of the leftover pinzimonio oil.
Desserts? Yes, once in a while.
Granted a dessert or ice cream once or twice a week. It is preferable that the dessert or ice cream is artisanal (even better if homemade). It should be avoided to consume it alone (the simple sugars contained make the blood sugar rise too quickly), but it is preferable to add it to the meal by significantly reducing the other carbohydrates: when you eat dessert, for example, you can make a meal with grilled turkey, abundant grilled or raw vegetables dressed with extra virgin olive oil.
No yeast, milk / dairy / cheese, wheat, wine or vinegar: to be repeated every 2 weeks.
Fruit / Juice Green tea / coffee / barley / vegetable milk (oats, rice, soy ..) without sugar Brown rice or whole corn cakes Sliced …