On PianetaMamma we talk about many topics related to the mother-child world, pregnancy, family and getting pregnant. Do you want to know what is the most interesting topic according to our statistics, the article you read the most, the most affectionate users, the most interesting topic? Yes, the blessed, mysterious, ambiguous, never quite clear symptoms of pregnancy. We have dedicated various articles to them and even an entire forum (which you greatly appreciated).
However, since the interest is so high, we thought about how we can go deeper into the topic, giving you more answers and dissolving your doubts on the most important question in a woman’s life: Am I pregnant?
Your period is late and you can’t think of anything else. Are you or are you not pregnant? The best way to dispel any doubts is to take a pregnancy test, of course, and not believe the many rumors and hoaxes circulating about the symptoms.
We have collected 10, which we will try to explain to you to clarify the too many urban legends, rumors, etc., that circulate about pregnancy, conception and more or less positive tests.
- Is it possible to be pregnant even if multiple tests say otherwise? No, if the test is negative several times in a row you are not expecting a baby even if perhaps the suggestion, a strong desire for motherhood and many other causes, had led us to believe the opposite. It is therefore useless to be relentless and also spend a lot of money for many tests. Better to take it easy and wait for the next month, there is no rush!
- I have all the symptoms, I feel like I’m pregnant! In addition, some symptoms of the so-called pre-menstrual syndrome may occur near the cycle, which resemble certain manifestations of early pregnancy: emotional lability, increased appetite or search for certain foods, swelling sensation with tension or enlargement of the mammary gland , abdominal pain. Some women may therefore believe even more that they feel that way because they are finally expecting a baby and are even more disappointed when their period arrives late.
- Can I continue to have my period even though I am pregnant? Are there the notorious false menstruation? Generally, what we call “false periods” occur with a lighter cycle than the classic menstrual cycle. The basal temperature, however, should continue to remain high if you are measuring it. With a pregnancy in progress, the temperature is just what could reassure us from the very early stages. If there is bleeding with temperatures that do not subside, unless it has been established that it is typical of your cycle, it is advisable to check for pregnancy. If menstruation occurs and the temperature, as normal, has dropped, you can be sure of exclude pregnancy. The bleeding that can occur despite pregnancy, is therefore not a loss from implantation of the egg or from nesting, which is usually light and does not last more than a couple of days (also called catamenial losses), can be either a threat of abortion, or an abortion in progress, or simply material from previous cycles that the body sheds. The consistency can be such as that of a menstruation
Are there any pregnancy tests with false negative results? A test is foolproof if it is positive. Conversely, it can be negative (even if you are pregnant) if it is done too early or if it is expired
. Most of the tests are reliable from the first day of delayed menstruation. And if you still have doubts, take the test again 3 days later in case of a first negative result.
- I took a pregnancy test immediately after unprotected intercourse, is it reliable? Many women believe that as soon as they have had intercourse, if conception has occurred, a test can reveal it right away. Well that’s not the case, a test is reliable at least, after 20 days from intercourse, and any symptoms attributable to a pregnancy you may feel are not reliable.
- You have nausea, kidney pain, cramps … but it does not necessarily mean that you are pregnant! Can’t find your way through the various symptoms that could indicate pregnancy but also a simple flu? Order! Write down in the same diary we talked about in the point above, any particular symptoms and signs. Listen to your body, even though the symptoms may vary from one woman to another: – The breasts are swollen and tight. – Certain smells bother you. – You’re nauseous. – You’re more sensitive than usual. But beware, you can be pregnant without having any of these symptoms, which will appear later. Early pregnancy symptoms may be missing altogether but if you want (or suspect) a pregnancy it is good to pay attention to symptoms that are different, or present differently, from those of the usual PMS.
- I have taken the Beta HCG hormone several times, they told me that I am not pregnant, but then why is it not equal to 0? First of all, why waste so much time and money obsessively repeating these tests? Once one is done, right? The value 1, however, which often appears in the reports of non-pregnant women is really negligible, it will almost never be zero and in any case it is written on the analysis reports that a value less than 10 means not pregnant.
- If I’m not pregnant, why did I miss a month or two? For a thousand reasons, the menstrual cycle can skip and therefore cause agitation: the same anxiety could be the cause, as well as a diet, having started to play sports, a trip, changes in habits, a psychological pain, or an anomaly in the genital system … if the test is negative, the cause is to be found elsewhere, preferably with the help of a gynecologist.
- The test is positive, but it is not possible, I am a virgin! Incredible but true !!… yes, it is possible that a pregnancy has arisen even without penetration !! We have a tragic example of this with infibulated Somali women who are still pregnant, it is called an “ante portam” relationship where genital fluids come into contact.
- Did they tell me I look pregnant? Can it be seen from the face or from something else physical? No, unless you have paranormal powers, no. Maybe if one got it right then it was luck .. but from the face at most you can see if one is tired or if a pimple is about to pop