What name means moon?
Names that mean moon
- Mona — Old English (girl)
- Luna — Latin/Spanish (girl)
- Sasi — Thai (girl)
- Indu — Hindi (girl)
- Jaci — Native American (girl)
- Mahina — Hawaiian (girl)
- Hang — Vietnamese (girl)
- Neoma — meaning “new moon” in Greek (girl)
Keeping this in consideration, What girl name means red? Here’s a list of girl names that mean red, along with their origin/literal translation:
- Crimson – English, deep, purplish red color.
- Rosie – English, red roses.
- Poppy – English, reddish, orange flowers.
- Ruby – English, gemstone.
- Roisin – Irish, little rose.
- Cherry – English, type of fruit.
What girl name means star?
Stella. This name literally translates to “star”. Stella is name directly inherited from Ancient Rome, as it is the word for star in latin. It’s a beautiful celestial name for a girl, and has many variations: Estela in Spanish or Estelle in French, for instance.
What name means love?
Baby girl names meaning “love”
- Adore. Adore means “to love” or “to worship” or “loved child,” depending on which language you are drawing from. …
- Ahava. Ahava is a lovely and uncommon Biblical name meaning “love” that is derived from Hebrew. …
- Amia. …
- Cara. …
- Carys. …
- Esme. …
- Femi. …
What is a unique girl name?
Classically Unique Baby Girl Names
What girl name means fire?
Girl Baby Names That Mean Fire
- Abenanka. This name means fire in the Ainu culture!
- Aguya. This Russian name means “mistress of fire.”
- Aithne. This Irish name means “fire.”
- Alinta. An Australian Aboriginal name meaning “fire” or “flame.”
- Arpina. This Armenian name means “rising of the sun.”
- Bedelia. …
- Bridget. …
What name means light?
Girl names that mean “light”
- Alina: A Greek name, this means “light”
- Aonani: This Hawaiian name means “beautiful light”
- Ciana: Meaning “light,” this name has Italian roots.
- Dawn: Of Old English origins, this name refers to the first appearance of light.
- Ellen: This Greek name means “sun, ray, shining light”
What name means orange?
- Origin: French, Latin.
- Meaning: Orange citrus fruit.
- Alternative Spellings & Variations: Clementyne, Klementine, Clementina.
- Famous Namesakes: Singer Clementine Creevy, Singer Clémentine Delauney, political wife Clementine Churchill.
What does Celeste mean?
noun. a female given name: from a Latin word meaning “heavenly.”
What name means sunset?
25. Dismas. Dismas is a name with Greek roots and denotes the sunset.
What is a evil name for a girl?
Names Meaning Evil
|Daeva||Feminine||Evil spirit, India|
|Keres||Feminine||Evil spirits, Greek|
|Matchitehew||Masculine||Has an evil heart, Native American|
What girl name means angel?
Girl Names Meaning Angel
- Agnola. The female name ‘Agnola’ is a Greek, Italian origin name that in Greek means “angel,” and its meaning is “pure” and “virginal” in Italian. …
- Alya. …
- Angel. …
- Angelica. …
- Angelina. …
- Ariel. …
- Batya. …
What is the rarest girl name?
10 Rarest Girl Names in the United States
What are the top 5 girl names?
The Top 100 Most Popular Baby Girl Names for 2021
What name means princess?
20 Baby Names That Mean Princess For Girls:
- Ameerah: Ameerah is a name of Arabic origin. …
- Putri: If you want a name that sounds different, yet has a traditional appeal, then you must pick this one. …
- Sarai: The name Sarai has a Biblical connection. …
- Sera: …
- Sadie: …
- Zadie: …
- Soraya: …
What name means hot?
Chanda: A Hindi name meaning “hot” Chuma: Aramaic name meaning “heat” Edana: A name that means “fire,” it is of Gaelic origin. Elidi: This pretty name means “gift of the sun” and has Greek roots. Helen: Greek name meaning “ray of sun”
What girl name means water?
Girl Names That Mean Water
Anahita – this Persian name refers to the water goddess. Aqua – typically used for baby girls, Aqua is of Latin origin and means Water or Sea Blue. Cascade – typically used for baby girls, this French name means waterfall. Cordelia – a Celtic name meaning Daughter of the Sea.
What name means water?
Water Baby Names for Boys
- Aalto. Aalto is a Scandinavian name of Finnish origin. …
- Adrian. Adrian is of Latin origin and means “sea” or “water.” …
- Aenon. Aenon, or Ænon, equates to “water spring.” …
- Alun. Alun is of Welsh origin, inspired by the Afon Alun river in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales. …
- Arledge. …
- Arno. …
- Bach. …
What name means hope?
Esperanza, (Latin origin), a baby girl name meaning “to hope”.
What name means Brave?
Classic Boys’ Names That Mean Brave
- Ajax (Greek origin) meaning “eagle.” …
- Brendan (Irish origin) meaning “strong boy”. …
- Emerson (English origin) meaning “powerful or brave”. …
- Archibald (Spanish origin) meaning “truly brave”. …
- Conal (Irish origin) meaning “strong as a wolf”.
What girl name means Golden?
Girls Names That Mean Gold With Meanings
- Aurelia. Derived from the Latin name Aurelius, this ancient Roman surname comes from the word aureus, meaning “golden,” It is referred to a gold coin used in Ancient Rome or for ‘someone with golden hair. …
- Baojin. …
- Chrysanthemum. …
- Eldora. …
- Goldie. …
- Kim. …
- Melora. …
What name means sunshine?
Solana – a Spanish name meaning sunshine. Sole – of Italian origin meaning sun, Sole is primarily used for baby girls. Soleil – A French name meaning sun, Soleil is primarily used for females. Sunniva – of Norwegian origin, this name means sun gift.
What does Marie mean?
In France, Marie came from the Latin “stella maris,” which means “star of the sea.” However, it is also a biblical name because it is the French version of the name Mary, the holy virgin mother of Jesus. … Gender: Marie has historically been a feminine name.
What does Michael mean?
Michael is a strong option to consider. Michael was first derived from the name Mikha’el, meaning “who is like God?” in Hebrew. … Origin: The name Michael is of Hebrew origin and means “who is like God?” or “gift from God.” It is found in the Old Testament, notably in the Book of Daniel.
What does the name Aurora mean?
Aurora is a mystical and romantic name that means “dawn” in Latin. An aurora also refers to a natural light display in the Earth’s sky called the aurora polaris, or polar lights, visible only in high-latitude regions like the North and South Poles.