What name means goddess?
Devi (Hindu) – means “goddess” in Sanskrit. Diana (Roman) – goddess of the hunt and wild animals. Doris (Greek) – sea nymph whose name represented the bounty of the sea.
Also What are some baby girl names that mean Princess?
20 Baby Names That Mean Princess For Girls:
- Ameerah: Ameerah is a name of Arabic origin. …
- Putri: If you want a name that sounds different, yet has a traditional appeal, then you must pick this one. …
- Sarai: The name Sarai has a Biblical connection. …
- Sera: …
- Sadie: …
- Zadie: …
- Soraya: …
What girl name means star?
Stella. This name literally translates to “star”. Stella is name directly inherited from Ancient Rome, as it is the word for star in latin. It’s a beautiful celestial name for a girl, and has many variations: Estela in Spanish or Estelle in French, for instance.
What name means queen in Greek?
Hera is a beautiful short, strong girl’s name meaning ‘queen’ in Greek. Hera was also the wife of the ancient Greek god, Zeus, and was referred to as the queen of heaven and goddess of marriages. Ina: Another royal name for your little princess!
What names mean moonlight?
Names That Mean Moonlight
- Ayla. Meaning: Hebrew, Turkish name for moonlight.
- Aylin. Meaning Hebrew, Turkish name for halo of the moon.
- Hala. Meaning: Arabic name for moon halo.
- Kamaria. Meaning: Swahili name for moonlight.
- Mayar. Meaning: Arabic name for glow of the moon.
- Zira. Meaning: African name for moonlight.
What Greek name means queen?
1. Berenice – Greek origin, after the wife of King Ptolemy 1. 2. Diona – English origin, from wife of Zeus and Greek goddess and queen.
What name means Little Queen?
Beautiful Baby Girl Names Meaning Queen
|Reine||It is a French origin word that means Queen.|
|Reinette||A French royal word means Queen, used by Madame de Pompadour (mistress of King Louis)|
|Rhiannon||A Welsh originated term means Queen. It’s an ancient Celtic name. A famous American Musician was named the same.|
• Mar 5, 2020
What girl name means angel?
Girl Names Meaning Angel
- Agnola. The female name ‘Agnola’ is a Greek, Italian origin name that in Greek means “angel,” and its meaning is “pure” and “virginal” in Italian. …
- Alya. …
- Angel. …
- Angelica. …
- Angelina. …
- Ariel. …
- Batya. …
What name means sunset?
25. Dismas. Dismas is a name with Greek roots and denotes the sunset.
What name means light?
Girl names that mean “light”
- Alina: A Greek name, this means “light”
- Aonani: This Hawaiian name means “beautiful light”
- Ciana: Meaning “light,” this name has Italian roots.
- Dawn: Of Old English origins, this name refers to the first appearance of light.
- Ellen: This Greek name means “sun, ray, shining light”
What girl name means moon?
Names that mean moon
- Mona — Old English (girl)
- Luna — Latin/Spanish (girl)
- Sasi — Thai (girl)
- Indu — Hindi (girl)
- Jaci — Native American (girl)
- Mahina — Hawaiian (girl)
- Hang — Vietnamese (girl)
- Neoma — meaning “new moon” in Greek (girl)
What is the rarest girl name?
10 Rarest Girl Names in the United States
What girl name means powerful?
Here are few baby girl names meaning strength, brave, powerful, and noble.
- Adira (Hebrew origin) meaning “strong”
- Alfreda (English origin) meaning “elf power”. …
- Alcie (Greek origin) meaning “strong-willed”
- Alcina (Greek origin) meaning “strong-willed”
- Audra (Scottish origin) meaning “noble strength”
What is a badass name for a girl?
Badass Girl Names for Your Rebel Princess
|Diana||Heavenly and divine||Latin|
|Dola||The crown brings honor||African|
What names mean stars?
25 Baby Names That Mean Star
- Castor. Not to be confused with the oil, this name is Greek in origin and refers to the brightest star in the Gemini constellation—a perfect match for late May and June babies.
- Hoku. Hoku is the Hawaiian name for ‘star. …
- Itri. …
- Leo. …
- Orion. …
- Sidra. …
- Namid. …
What name means love?
Baby girl names meaning “love”
- Adore. Adore means “to love” or “to worship” or “loved child,” depending on which language you are drawing from. …
- Ahava. Ahava is a lovely and uncommon Biblical name meaning “love” that is derived from Hebrew. …
- Amia. …
- Cara. …
- Carys. …
- Esme. …
- Femi. …
What girl name means starlight?
74. Starla (American origin), meaning ‘a star’. 75. Starlight (English origin), meaning ‘star light’.
What African name means queen?
Malika: One you’ve likely heard, this popular African girl name belongs to a Kardashian BFF and, meaning “queen,” it would be a very worthy choice for your little girl.
What names mean Queen of Darkness?
19. Jemisha. This unusual sounding name has Indian roots and has been derived from the Sanskrit language. It means the queen of darkness.
What girl name means precious?
From names we’re familiar with like Aimee to more unusual choices like Caoimhe, perhaps you’ll find your favorite baby name here.
- Alaine: This is the French feminine form of the name Alana, and means “precious”
- Alamea: From a Hawaiian word, this means “ripe, precious”
- Alannah: Similar to Alaine, this means “precious”
What names mean beauty?
Popular Girls Names Meaning Beautiful
- Alana (Gaelic origin) meaning “beauty”.
- Alika (Hawaiian origin) meaning “most beautiful”.
- Amidala (Italian origin) meaning “beautiful as a flower”.
- Ani (Hawaiian origin) meaning “beautiful”.
- Annabelle (Hebrew, English origin) meaning “grace and beauty”.
What is the most beautiful name for a girl?
Top 100 Baby Girl Names
Who are the 7 angels of God?
Chapter 20 of the Book of Enoch mentions seven holy angels who watch, that often are considered the seven archangels: Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel, Saraqael, Raguel, and Remiel. The Life of Adam and Eve lists the archangels as well: Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael and Joel.
What does Seraphina mean?
“The purifying angel,” from the Hebrew shoroph, to burn, in allusion to the Biblical seraphim, the fiery purifying ministers of Jehovah, conceived as angels with three pairs of wings. Seraphina Name Origin: Hebrew. Pronunciation: s(e)-raphi-na, ser(a)-phina.
What names mean sent from heaven?
For your baby daughter, consider a name that means “God’s gift”.
- Anya. Meaning: Hebrew for “Jehovah’s cloud”
- Alya. Meaning: Arabic for “Sent from Heaven”
- Aldora. Meaning: Greek for “Winged gift from God”
- Callidora. Meaning: Greek for “Gift of beauty”
- Darina. Meaning: Slavic for “Gift”
- Dolly. …
- Dorinda. …