What is the Greek name for star?
Aster (Greek origin), this is the Greek word for ‘star’.
Keeping this in consideration, What names mean moonlight? Names That Mean Moonlight
- Ayla. Meaning: Hebrew, Turkish name for moonlight.
- Aylin. Meaning Hebrew, Turkish name for halo of the moon.
- Hala. Meaning: Arabic name for moon halo.
- Kamaria. Meaning: Swahili name for moonlight.
- Mayar. Meaning: Arabic name for glow of the moon.
- Zira. Meaning: African name for moonlight.
What name means brightest star?
Sirius. This Latin name refers to the brightest star visible from earth.
What is the Hawaiian name for star?
Makalii is the Hawaiian name for the cluster of stars commonly known as Pleiades, which is located in the constellation taurus. The canoe Makalii was named after this star cluster to signal the start of Makahiki season in Hawaii.
What is the Japanese name for star?
Hoshi/Hoshiko (Japanese origin) name meaning “star”.
What girl name means sun?
Girl Names That Mean Sun
- Aelia. Meaning: Ancient Roman name meaning “Sun”
- Aine. Meaning: name after the Irish Sun goddess.
- Alba. Meaning: Latin for “Sunrise”
- Alina. Meaning: Greek for “Light”
- Aurora. Meaning: name is after the Roman Goddess of sunrise.
- Cira. Meaning: French name for “Ladylike”
- Cyra. …
What name means heaven?
JANNAH. An Arabic name, Jannah means garden, paradise, or Heaven.
What name means light?
Girl names that mean “light”
- Alina: A Greek name, this means “light”
- Aonani: This Hawaiian name means “beautiful light”
- Ciana: Meaning “light,” this name has Italian roots.
- Dawn: Of Old English origins, this name refers to the first appearance of light.
- Ellen: This Greek name means “sun, ray, shining light”
What is a name that means galaxy?
Andromeda: In Greek mythology, Andromeda is a woman who, along with her mother Cassiopeia, was turned into a constellation — and it’s also the name of an entire galaxy.
What name means moon and stars?
Selene – Greek for moon. Sidra – Latin meaning “of the stars”.
What is a celestial name?
The name Celestial is a girl’s name meaning “of the heavens, planets or stars”. A pretty and almost unique word name to add to the galaxy of astral appellations. More distinctive than the better known Celeste, it was given to only nine girls last year.
What does Ocean mean in Hawaii?
Fun Fact: The name Kaimana combines two common Hawaiian words: Kai, which means “ocean” or “sea,” and mana, which translates to “power.” Kaimana is also derived from the English word, diamond.
What is the Arabic name for star?
|Common name||Arabic name (transliteration)||Scientific star name|
|Algol||(Ra’as) al-Ghūl||Beta Persei, the “Demon Star”|
What is Hawaiian Moon?
The Hawaiian word for Moon is Mahina*. It is derived from the name of the Goddess of the Moon.
What name means star in French?
Estelle: This French name means “star.”
What does Tadashi mean?
The name Tadashi is primarily a male name of Japanese origin that means Faithful, Proper, History.
What name means sea in Japanese?
Hiroka (Japanese origin) meaning “sea” or “ocean”.
What name means sunset?
25. Dismas. Dismas is a name with Greek roots and denotes the sunset.
What name means sunny?
Boy Names that Mean Sun
|Haru||Originated from the Japanese language, Haru means ‘light, ‘sun’ or ‘clear weather’.|
|Heru||This is a beautiful, Egyptian-origin name for a boy and means ‘Sun God’.|
|Hinata||Originated from the Japanese language, Hinata means ‘sunny place’, or ‘toward the sun’.|
• Feb 3, 2020
What are boy names that mean water?
Water Baby Names for Boys
- Aalto. Aalto is a Scandinavian name of Finnish origin. …
- Adrian. Adrian is of Latin origin and means “sea” or “water.” …
- Aenon. Aenon, or Ænon, equates to “water spring.” …
- Alun. Alun is of Welsh origin, inspired by the Afon Alun river in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales. …
- Arledge. …
- Arno. …
- Bach. …
What name means my angel?
Malach is the Anglicized form of the Hebrew name Malak, meaning ‘angel. ‘ In the Bible, Malak is a word used to denote a messenger from God. This moniker is familiar not just with the Jews, but also with the African-American parents. You can also go with its variation Maliq, Malak, or Malek.
What name means little angel?
These heavenly baby names that mean angel could be perfect for your little girl.
- Aalyssa (Hebrew and German origin), meaning “sweet angel”. …
- Abhinoor (Indian origin), one of the best names that mean “angel”, this is a unique name for a baby girl.
- Agnola (Italian origin), this name means “angel”.
What name means heavenly angel?
Céline,’ meaning “heavenly,” is a French first name of Latin origin, also written as ‘Celine. ‘