Is Ocean a girl name?
Ocean Origin and Meaning
The name Ocean is a girl’s name. Ocean is a nature name that comes right out and states its meaning and association. Full of power and depth, Ocean is rising in usage as a baby name, given to 116 baby girls and 166 baby boys in 2018.
Keeping this in consideration, Can wave be a name? The name Wave is primarily a gender-neutral name of English origin that means Arched Form. Arched form of water or sound.
What are the 7 Ocean names?
The Seven Seas include the Arctic, North Atlantic, South Atlantic, North Pacific, South Pacific, Indian, and Southern Oceans. The exact origin of the phrase ‘Seven Seas’ is uncertain, although there are references in ancient literature that date back thousands of years.
What name means beauty of the sea?
Meribella, with Latin roots, means beautiful star of the sea. It’s a sweet alternative to popular -ella names like Isabella and Anabella.
What are nicknames for ocean?
- seven seas.
What name means White Wave?
The name is a simplistic version of Gwnhwyfar, Jenna (Welsh), or Jennifer (Cornish). It means ‘white shadow’ or ‘white wave’.
What names mean moonlight?
Names That Mean Moonlight
- Ayla. Meaning: Hebrew, Turkish name for moonlight.
- Aylin. Meaning Hebrew, Turkish name for halo of the moon.
- Hala. Meaning: Arabic name for moon halo.
- Kamaria. Meaning: Swahili name for moonlight.
- Mayar. Meaning: Arabic name for glow of the moon.
- Zira. Meaning: African name for moonlight.
What names mean storm?
Baby Names That Mean Storm Or Lightning
- ADAD. Adad is a short but powerful storm name for baby boys. …
- BARAK. Barak is a storm name that connotes power and grace at the same time. …
- BARAN. Baran is a name that is Kurdish in origin. …
- FOUDRE. …
- GALE. …
- HADAD. …
- HANISH. …
What is the 5 oceans name?
There is only one global ocean.
Historically, there are four named oceans: the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, and Arctic. However, most countries – including the United States – now recognize the Southern (Antarctic) as the fifth ocean. The Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian are the most commonly known.
What are the 8 seas?
The Earth’s many waters
The following table lists the world’s oceans and seas, according to area and average depth, including the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Arctic Ocean, Caribbean Sea, Bering Sea, and more.
What are the 6 seas?
- the Pacific Ocean.
- the Atlantic Ocean.
- the Indian Ocean.
- the Arctic Ocean.
- the Mediterranean Sea.
- the Caribbean Sea.
- the Gulf of Mexico.
What are some girl ocean names?
Following is the list of 30 ocean names for girls or related to it:
- Athena. According to Greek mythology, she is the Goddess who defeated the God of Sea to decide who would look after Athens.
- Adira. This baby girl name is one of the coolest ocean names of Hebrew origin. …
- Bloom. …
- Cari. …
- Coraline. …
- Cordelia. …
- Doris. …
What is a good mermaid name?
Take a look at some of the beautiful mermaid names – we can absolutely see why parents love them.
- Ariel – The Little Mermaid.
- Ava – River goddess.
- Adella – Ariels older sister.
- Azalea – Mermaid statue in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Brizo – Greek goddess of sailors.
- Coralia – Mermaid name from an 18th-century ballet.
What name means goddess of water?
Anahita meaning “water or river goddess” is a beautiful name from a Persian origin. This name is one of the elegant female names meaning water. The Latin word for “water”, Aqua is a unique female name meaning water. The name is also associated with a blue-green colour.
What name means ocean in Hawaiian?
Moana (MOH-ah-na) means ocean or sea.
What are some water names?
Most of these are other names for water that can be used as water names for boys and girls. Umiko: Japanese for “child of the sea.”
- Evian: the Lord is gracious.
- Ecthelion: of the water.
- Guadalupe: River of the wolf.
- Guinevere: White wave.
- Hali: the sea.
- Hydra: aqua.
- Indra: possessing drops of rain.
What girl names mean pure?
The top girl name meaning pure is Katherine in all its variations. Along with Katherine, other girl names meaning pure in the US Top 1000 include Kate, Bianca, Gwen, Jennifer, and Zuri. The top boy name meaning pure or innocent is Finn.
What is the mermaid name?
Ariel – while it doesn’t actually have a water meaning, it is arguably the most famous mermaid of all. Meaning “lion of God” in Hebrew. You can also use the alternate more feminine spelling Arielle. Asherah – meaning “she who walks in the sea,” this is the name of a goddess of motherhood and fertility.
What names mean blue?
Take a look at some blue-inspired names for your baby boy and their meanings:
- Aouli. This baby boy’s name means a beautiful feeling. …
- Azraq. The name means the color blue. …
- Bisman. This unique name means something dark blue or black.
- Bluford. …
- Chandraneel. …
- Clodwal. …
- Firuzeh. …
What girl name means star?
Stella. This name literally translates to “star”. Stella is name directly inherited from Ancient Rome, as it is the word for star in latin. It’s a beautiful celestial name for a girl, and has many variations: Estela in Spanish or Estelle in French, for instance.
What name means shooting star?
Zeke (Aramaic origin), meaning ‘shooting star’.
What name means heaven?
JANNAH. An Arabic name, Jannah means garden, paradise, or Heaven.
What girl name means cloud?
Anan is a Hebrew name meaning cloud.
What is a name that means thunder?
Thor. The name Thor is a Scandinavian origin name derived from the Old Norse meaning ‘thunder’.
What girl name means sky?
Girl Names That Mean Air, Sky and Wind
- Aella (Greek Origin), meaning “storm wind or whirlwind”.
- Alizee (French Origin), meaning “trade wind”.
- Alizeh (Persian Origin), meaning “the wind”.
- Alya (Arabic Origin), meaning “sky, heavenly”.
- Amaterasu (Japanese Origin), meaning “heaven and sky”.