With schools closed because of quarantine, children end up having their education affected by social distancing. Therefore, it is essential to look for ways to teach children at home, such as online classes, study applications, and much more.
If you, like many parents, are having difficulty teaching your children during this time of pandemic, here are some online class tips for children. Below, I will also discuss how to create routine home studies and much more.
How to create a study routine with online classes for children?
First of all, we should always remember that quarantine is not a holiday period. Therefore, this time that parents and children are at home should be very well used, which includes hours of study as if they were at school.
So no more leaving children playing all day or “sticking” to smartphone, tablet and television screens. Leaving children without studying during this period can result in several problems for their education, such as delay in studies.
7 tips for the back to school routine
Parental Vigilance: how to dose what your child needs and what can be exaggeration
But I know that it is not easy to assume the role of an educator and pass on the knowledge that only these professionals have to the little ones. That’s why we must value educators, teachers and masters from all over Brazil so much, it’s not easy to teach.
To make the daily routine of studies at home a little easier, I have separated 5 fundamental tips to create a routine of studies with children in this period of pandemic.
1. establish schedules
The first thing to create a routine is to have clear schedules about each day’s task. You can keep the schedules similar to the class period, but with some adaptations. For example: wake up at 7am, have breakfast and start your studies at 8am. Snack break from 10am to 10am20 and end of classes at 12pm.
The rest of the day you can use for extracurricular activities, language classes, musical instruments, physical activity, among other forms of studies. For example: on Tuesdays and Thursdays, English and Spanish from 2pm to 4pm; on Fridays, computers from 1pm to 2pm.
2. Define a schedule of studies
This is a very important plan, because you need to define what the child will study. Some schools are sending study materials to children with the curriculum for the period of study that is being affected by the pandemic.
Therefore, it is recommended that you follow the school’s teaching schedule, intercalating classes as guided by educators. But if you don’t have these instructions, look for a grade that meets your child’s age requirements among the recommended online classes.
The schedule should include the subjects that will be studied each day, how many classes in each subject per week, among other things.
3. Reconcile the house routine with the children’s studies
Parents and other family members should respect the children’s study period, this includes not calling them to other activities during class, not talking, not creating distractions, among other things.
7 Benefits of Music in Early Childhood Education
School tutoring: when is it time to ask for professional help?
Respect that moment and adapt the house routine so that nothing interferes with the children’s studies.
Online class tips for children
If you don’t have a schedule of studies or teaching materials from your child’s school educators, it’s critical to look for online study options. As an example, there are the online classes provided by different city halls in the country and other content that can be accessed on the Internet. Here are some tips for online classes!
Online classes on YouTube
There are numerous channels on YouTube offering information and learning content for children and adults. To properly manage children’s studies, keep in mind the level of learning they have about each area of study and look for classes that meet these characteristics. Here are some indications!
New Telecourse – Mathematics, Portuguese Language, Sciences, Geography, History, English, Philosophy, Sociology, Fine Arts, Physics and Chemistry.
The Mathematician.com – Mathematics.
Nerckie – Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
ABC Fluent – English.
Kids TV Portuguese – Portuguese Language.
SAE Digital – Elementary and High School complete.
In addition to the channels aimed exclusively at teaching, there are others that make it possible to create, invent, experiment and learn a lot, such as the World Manual. Explore these opportunities also to bring knowledge to children, such as classes of musical instruments, languages, drawing, caricature, painting, among others.
Bullying, how do you deal with this situation?
How to have a Healthy Infant Nutrition from 2 to 10 years old
Online classes on websites and platforms
Today there are numerous platforms, websites and apps that offer online classes, even in periods without a pandemic. After all, distance learning is something quite common around the world and has numerous benefits. So, here are some tips on websites and platforms for online classes.
● Reinforcement School – online platform of studies that allows to reinforce subjects. It is suitable for Elementary School I and II, High School, EJA, Enem and Pre-Vestibular. There you can also find courses and classes on Astronomy, Robotics, Pounds and Languages.
● Stoodi – it’s a platform with over 5,000 video lessons.
● British Digital – online platform with studies in Portuguese Language and Literature, Nature Sciences, Humanities, Geography, Sports, Mathematics, Arts and Religion. It meets the Fundamental and Middle levels.
● SAS Education – is an online class program for elementary and high school.
● Kids School – UOL website with content on Mathematics, Portuguese Language, History, Geography, Sciences, and much more. The classes are focused on Elementary School I and II.
● Khan Academy – This is a site focused on Elementary School I and II and High School with several classes in Mathematics, Science and much more.
Online classes in apps
Already in the app question, there are several legal options for all types of teaching and levels of learning. Here are some recommendations!
● Mecflix – This app created by the Federal Government (yes, it is an analogy to the famous Netflix) makes it possible to learn a lot from educational videos. The app serves different school subjects and levels of learning.
● Duolingo – one of the best, if not the best, free language app. It makes it possible to learn English, Spanish, German, French, among other languages.
● Quiz Up – entertains while teaching, this app is very functional. Just select the subject and test the knowledge.
● Issuu – is an app composed of several e-books, books and magazines on the most varied subjects. It is a great way to complement the studies.