Breastfeeding is one of the most awaited moments for the mother. It is through this contact that the mother and baby begin to get to know each other. But what nobody counts in breastfeeding tips is that this moment can be very painful, suffered and turn into a major inconvenience if the handle is incorrect.
Therefore, in this article I gathered a series of breastfeeding tips that can help you make the right handle from the start or correct it if you have noticed the incorrect handle. In addition, you will find below the answers to the main questions from first-time moms
Breastfeeding tips: What should the handle look like?
At the beginning it is common to have many doubts on the subject, after all, for those who are going through this whole process for the first time, breastfeeding is something new. If you think that breastfeeding is always “a thousand wonders”Know that sometimes it can hurt, hurt and cause problems for the baby, such as weight loss.
I bet you’re tired of seeing people “romanticizing” breastfeeding, not to mention how exhausting and difficult the adaptation process of mother and baby can be.
If you’re a first-time mom and your baby hasn’t been born yet, it’s time to learn all about the right handle. After all, it’s best to learn all the details from the start to avoid problems with the wrong handle.
What to carry in your maternity bag? See which items you can’t miss
Baby Development: learn all about this phase
Handles breastfeeding correctly
The correct breastfeeding handle does not cause pain, bruising or cracks in the breasts. Therefore, it is easy to know if everything is happening as it should. However, there are cases in which even with the correct handle, the mother may feel discomfort or pain during the first days of breastfeeding. This is normal, because breastfeeding is also a process of adaptation.
To breastfeed your baby with the correct handle from the start, you should follow the following guidelines given by various experts:
- The baby’s mouth should cover the entire areola, not the nipple;
- The shape of the baby’s mouth should be “fishy” to make it easier to hold;
- The baby’s nose should be at nipple height;
- Baby and mommy must be belly to belly;
- With one hand, the mother supports the baby’s body, neck and head; this helps to control the direction of the head towards the breast;
- With the other hand, the mother holds the breast and directs it to the baby’s handle;
- Mother and baby should always be comfortable so that breastfeeding is smooth.
Incorrect breastfeeding handle
On the other hand, the incorrect handle causes pain, discomfort, bruising, cracks, and can interfere with the baby’s weight gain. It is because of all these problems that the incorrect handle is also called a “non-nutritive handle.
If you notice these problems the baby may just be picking up the nipple or the position chosen for breastfeeding may be disrupting the process.
Breastfeeding tips: How to correct the incorrect handle?
To correct the incorrect handle, it is necessary to follow the orientation of a correct handle. However, it is important to remember that each case is a case. First identify the problem and only then try to solve it.
You can try to make the right handle on your own, but if you feel any difficulty you can hire specialists to help you. There is a very interesting case to have as an example of Ana Carolina Barretto, of the channel in YouTube CasaLonge de Casa.
O couple Ana Barretto and Mikael Santiago are first-time parents of RaviLike every mother who has never gone through the breastfeeding process, Ana experienced some difficulties in this new phase. You can check the complete vlog right away.
In the video, Ana and Mikael called in an expert to help in the adaptation process. The whole content is full of useful information, breastfeeding tips and many curiosities on the subject, it’s very worth checking out.
Cross Breastfeeding and its dangers
Weaning: how to do it and when is the best time?
And if you didn’t know this channel yet, check out the contents of CasaLonge de Casa. The history of the channel appeared in another context, but the most current videos tell the routine of the couple that is now brightened by Ravi.
Breastfeeding tips for first-time mothers
Finally, to help you through this whole process I have listed a number of breastfeeding tips, considering several situations that may occur in this adaptation. See below all the tips:
- Do the whole process of handling correctly from the beginning;
- Ask for advice from nurses, doctors and specialists if you have difficulty with the incorrect handle;
- Try different positions, on the internet you can find many interesting ways to breastfeed your baby;
- Reveal the breasts during feeds;
- Let the baby suck until the whole breast is empty;
- Before breast-feeding, massage the breast to dilute nodules;
- Do not use hot water to relieve the pain, as this will only stimulate the release of milk;
- Do not use healing ointments on the nipples, as they can cause obstruction of the ducts and can generate problems such as mastitis;
- In case of breast discomfort such as the weight generated by milk production, consult a gynaecologist to help with care;
- Always make your baby burp after feeding, this relieves colic and takes away discomfort from the baby;
- Use a breastfeeding pillow;
- Watch articles and videos on breastfeeding tips, information is the best way to learn new things and adapt to this new phase.
How to assemble a baby trousseau – Complete list with all items
How to get the food introduction right: tips, guidelines and more
In terms of information, you can count on our content to learn about everything that involves motherhood. In addition, you can find a lot of interesting content in the CasaLonge de Casa Channel.
Ana and Mikael live on an island and show the daily lives of people who live in regions like this. The vlogs are always interesting, show what it’s like to live in far away places and now counts with the challenges of motherhood.
So, it’s worth checking out the channel videos and getting to know all the tips on maternity that Ana and Mikael can pass on to first-time parents, especially.