The holiday season is a delight, especially when there is a new member of the family. But care must be taken with the baby on New Year’s Eve, a date marked by a lot of excitement and noise with the fireworks.
To ensure the safety and comfort of the little one, parents must see the events from the baby’s point of view, its age and its habits. So, with a baby on New Year’s Eve, the main tip is to reflect on whether the style of expected celebration is suitable for such a young child.
Noise from fireworks is the main concern for babies on New Year’s Eve
With the excitement of the coming year, many parents forget to plan how the baby’s routine will be on New Year’s Eve. After all, it’s only one night, right?
But, in practice, this is not the case. The younger the baby, the more uncomfortable he will be with the messy routine, new people, lack of sleep and the loud noise.
In order for the night to be more pleasant for the little one, especially in the first six months of life, the family should prioritize a quieter celebration. The ideal is to spend New Year’s Eve in an environment that has space for the baby to nurse and sleep, without major disturbances.
This care will help to isolate the sounds, which can scare the little ones a lot. It’s worth closing doors and windows in a room, as well as playing a little song that the baby likes, so that the noise doesn’t bother so much.
Another valuable tip is to let the baby sleep before midnight, making this moment easier, since most do not even wake up. For this, taking the stroller or baby comfort is a practical solution to make the little one comfortable and close to the parents.
Avoid using cotton in your ears
A common question is with the protection of the ears, since the child’s hearing is still very sensitive. But experts ensure that accessories, such as cotton and other ear protectors, do little to dampen the sound and can trigger a risk if the object is forgotten.
If your baby is awake, keep him on your lap, where he will feel snug and protected. To protect your ears, use your hands or hold a folded diaper.
Tips for a peaceful New Year’s Eve with the baby:
– Keep eating and napping times during the day;
– If the baby has a naninha or favorite toy, take it to the celebration;
– Avoid that the baby is “from lap to lap”, especially from strangers to the little one, to avoid overstimulation;
– For babies who already eat the family’s food, avoid heavy foods that they have not yet tried;
– Dress the baby in light, fresh and cotton clothes, avoiding collars and tight shoes;
– If the schedule allows and it is very hot, a bath can help the little one relax to sleep before midnight;
– At the first sign of drowsiness, make the little one sleep!
Do you know all the uses of the breastfeeding pad?