In the midst of the new coronavirus pandemic, it is necessary to look for alternatives to celebrate Easter at home with the children! Even in difficult times, rituals need not be left aside.
That’s why we’ve separated some tips with simple, home-made games that serve as alternatives in this quarantine with the children.
Easter at home: activating creativity with children!
It is a time of hope and renewal! There is always something to celebrate, even with social isolation. That way, it’s important not to let the date go by, since this is one of the kids’ favorite holidays.
Among the options, it is worth bringing the family together virtually, cooking together and even making the eggs themselves. Check out some easy and creative tips to make this moment even sweeter:
- Follow the tracks: put bunny footprints across the floor, leading to the hiding places. You can use ready-made stickers or make the footprints yourself, with cardboard sheets, EVA and even wheat flour;
- Egg hunting: hide the Easter eggs the night before and spread tips (or chocolates) along the way. It is good to provide a basket or small bag for the child to keep along the way;
- Egg race: the idea is to hold a spoon with a boiled egg inside and make a run. Whoever gets there first without knocking over the egg wins!
- Painting on natural eggs: make a medium hole at one end of the eggs. Remove all the egg white and yolk (which can be used for recipes) and wash the eggs thoroughly with water and vinegar. Then give the egg to the child to paint with gouache paint;
- Easter breakfast: make a beautiful table with hot eggs and carrot cake. Garnish with napkins decorated with rabbits and hide chocolate eggs in unusual places, such as inside the cup or in the bread basket;
- Rabbit’s Ears: the kids will love it if you dress up like a rabbit! To compose the costume, ask your child to participate in the making! You’ll need simple materials like cardboard, paintbrush, pencils, scissors and gouache white and pink paint. You can enjoy and also complement the costume with a face painting.
- Gifts: Cushions and themed dolls are great options to give as a gift and play in the family!
In this fun context, you can teach the children about the meaning of Easter, eggs and even the bunny.
In the religious context of Jesus’ resurrection, for example, the egg represents rebirth, for in opening life exists. The Easter Bunny is one of the symbols that symbolizes fertility and birth. Some ancient peoples related this animal to the end of winter and beginning of spring as a sign of hope. Cool, right?
Which of these tips did you like the most? We wish you and your family a great Easter at home!
Easter Week: Can a pregnant woman eat chocolate?
Easter gifts for babies: 5 ideas without chocolate
To wait for the bunny: Ideas for producing an Easter Newborn rehearsal