It is common for pregnant women to ask the question “31 weeks is how many months”, as this is essential for the calculation of the period of pregnancy in a simpler way.
First, the answer is that 31 weeks equals 7 months and 3 weeks, meaning you are in the third trimester of pregnancy.
But calm down, because it’s important to know that this story about the baby being born at nine months is not quite true.
The average gestational period for the human species is 40 weeks, which actually approximates 10 months.
Want to know more about 31 weeks of pregnancy? So keep reading this text.
What happens at 31 weeks of gestation?
At this stage of pregnancy, your baby is already in a very advanced stage of its formation and its muscles are getting stronger.
With that, the muscle tone of the limbs is much better and the head control is more advanced now.
So he is already able to perform light movements, but they are already well coordinated. Now your arms and hands can reach the back of your legs.
See what happens at 31 weeks of pregnancy
When a woman asks herself “31 weeks is how many months”, it is normal for her to have doubts about what happens during this period.
So here’s some important information about this phase.
- Now the baby is already in the “fetal position” and this is due to the increase in its size, but also to greater strength in the flexor muscles;
- You will feel your baby’s movements even more at this stage of her development;
- It will make a lot more movements than just what you feel in the uterine lining;
- The baby performs these movements that help strengthen bones and muscles;
- Up to 38 weeks, the number of muscle cells will increase substantially, increasing strength and muscle mass;
- The baby’s skin is increasingly pink, thus leaving the transparency it had before;
- In the wrists and palms of the hands the baby already has some creases;
- At this stage, the fetus has an average of 24 centimeters in length and approximately 1.7 kg in weight;
- From now on the fetus will become less and less thin because the fat starts to accumulate more and more in its body;
You’ve just seen how many changes are happening with your baby. And it’s the same for you too. So now you will start to feel really pregnant.
With that, over the next few weeks you will start to feel really tired and quite bloated.
Try to relax and do light exercise to eliminate swelling. That’s if you’re cleared by your doctor.
It is important for you to prepare for the birth and the puerperium. So study as much as you can about this period.
With the question “31 weeks is how many months” many questions arise. In this article you saw everything that happens to you and your baby during this period. Relax that you are getting very close to the time of delivery!