Recommended for its properties and nutritional benefits, especially with high temperatures, it is yogurt is a perfect food to fight the heat. Food and nutrition experts recommend it, who consider it a powerful ally, especially against high temperatures, for its nutritional benefits and its refreshing power.
Ideal in any season, it is particularly suitable in summer, when eating habits change to effectively counteract the effects of heat.
Yogurt has always been included among the main foods of the Mediterranean diet together with fruit and vegetables and a greater consumption is recommended in the summer months: when the heat facilitates inappetence, in fact, when irregular meals and outside the home increase and attention to the balance between calories and nutrients decreases, yogurt turns out to be the right solution.
THE BENEFITS OF YOGURT IN THE DIET
Yogurt is a food with multiple nutritional benefits and in summer its value is even greater due to the pleasant sensation of freshness it offers – he explains Andrea Poli, Scientific Director of NFI (Nutrition Foundation of Italy).
Among its advantages, the low fat content certainly prevail, the versatility of its nature, which allows it to be associated with sweet or savory foods, and its balanced and correctly portioned composition.
Among the 5 “top” benefits of yogurt:
- The fact of being a milk-based product that represents a valid solution for lactose intolerant subjects.
- The ability to achieve the recommended daily calcium intake more easily.
- The possibility of reaching the recommended daily intake of proteins, vitamins, minerals more easily.
- The fact of being a healthy alternative for breakfast or a healthy mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack, thanks to its balanced composition and its correct portioning.
- Its versatility, which makes it suitable for different taste preferences and with the possibility of important added features (as with products enriched in vitamins, minerals, probiotics)
AGAINST INTESTINAL INFECTIONS
Finally, it is known that i lactic bacteria protect against infections, especially intestinal thanks to the production of antitoxins, organic acids and hydrogen peroxide, to the lowering of the pH of the intestinal content, to the work of nutrients. Furthermore, lactic bacteria are able to produce cine bacterium, particular molecules with antibiotic action, which act as natural antibiotics against pathogens.
This is why, in a season when the risk of contracting intestinal infections is greater, yogurt is a real panacea for health and well-being.
To know everything about yogurt, from nutrition to production to gastronomy, visit the site www.AssoLatteYogurt.it