Grandparents’ Day: Easy chores to do with children to celebrate grandparents, landmarks and precious pillars for many families
Grandparents day chores
“Grandparents are those who come from afar and go first, to investigate beyond life” says psychologist and psychotherapist Maria Rita Parsi. Their special day has been celebrated for some years on 2 October: for those who have the opportunity to have them near, in fact, i grandparents they are really precious and deserve a party.
For us parents grandparents are a fundamental help, especially if we both work full time. Grandparents have more free time and can take care of the children when we are at work. Pick them up from school or take them to a sporting activity while we wait for our return. Can teach children many things, which they taught us when we were little. Things that are often regretted when grandparents are away and grandchildren cannot “live” in their daily lives. It is true that grandparents often spoil their grandchildren, but the important thing is that they respect the educational choices of us parents.
For grandchildren, grandparents are a reference point for games and fun: I saw my dad get on all fours to make his granddaughters laugh, which has never happened to me in years and years. Not to mention my mother: I remember it very sternly, while with Paola and Vittoria it is practically a cream puff filled with cream. In their role of grandparents they are often different than how they behaved with us when they were just parents. This is why it is important to celebrate their role in children’s lives on a day dedicated to them: it often is with grandparents who make many discoveries – for example, I saw cows with my grandfather for the first time – and those wonderful moments will make fond memories when you become an adult.
The role of grandparents today
We celebrate grandparents especially in this period like this delicate in which the subjects to be protected and defended are especially theirs. If for years they have made their time and dedication available to families and parents, today more than ever, with the return to school of so many children, grandparents must be protected and protected from the pitfalls of a virus which affects them most seriously.
Craft ideas for Grandparents’ Day
As with any question concerning creativity, you can really think a lot chores to wish happy party to grandparents. From using paper and scissors, to using colors, passing through something more technological – if they live far away – there is plenty of choice.
If you are skilled with scissors – maybe get help from mom and dad – you can build a family tree complete with photos of your family. You can take some brown and green cardboard, cut the silhouettes in the shape of a tree and on the branches you can attach images that portray them, your parents up to you. This is to understand the origins of your lives.
- Drawing with phrase in frame
Or again you can divide a blank sheet in half: on the one hand you can make a drawing that you want to dedicate to them, on the other a few sentences about why you love them. You can frame it all with a cardboard.
Chores for grandparents to do at the nursery
For younger children attending the nest, here are two simple jobs to do on the occasion of the Grandparents’ Day:
- Footprints with little hands: to make them you can take a sheet on which you will put the footprints of the hands dipped perhaps in tempera, or only the shapes that will then be colored with markers. You can accompany them with a tender inscription, such as “grandparents, I love you”.
- Drawings with legumes: another simple job to carry out and to propose as a game to younger children. Choose a nice drawing that represents the grandparents, spread a layer of glue and invite the children to attach the legumes of different colors.
Chores for grandparents to print
There are many alternatives online if you wish print some drawings already made, perhaps for the younger children to color. Here are three simple ideas to implement for the occasion:
- Cockades with writings and phrases for grandparents. For example, you can choose rosettes or small flowers with the words “to the best grandfather / grandmother in the world” and the possibility to write your name.
- Letters for grandparents. For older children, on the other hand, you can print a page with a cartoon featuring two grandparents to color and below there are lines to write some thoughts. On the internet we can find comic letters already prepared to color or simply to fill with many beautiful thoughts to dedicate to grandparents.
- Certificate of merit. Grandparents have many merits and then we can remind them by printing a certificate of merit to color and sign.
Works of the Teacher Mary
There Teacher Mary offers on his site many ideas for grandparents’ day. Jobs suitable for kindergarten and primary school children. Tickets, letters, activities, drawings, banners, festoons, flags, certificates of merit, cockades, crafts, bookmarks, silhouettes, poems and nursery rhymes: you are spoiled for choice. Just look for the job we like best and do it together with the children.
Let’s see some original ideas of our teacher Mary:
Cards to cut out and pop-up cards: lots of ideas for cute cards to print and color, with images of grandparents or children. You can find pop-up cards, cards to assemble or more traditional cards.
- Bookmarks: do grandparents love to read? Then you can prepare a nice bookmark to use so as not to lose your mark ….