Can air conditioning become a vehicle for the transmission of the virus? How to prevent problems? What interventions need to be done on the implants?
by Alessia Altavilla
We are moving towards the summer and air conditioning, in the heat-stricken cities (already in these days in some regions of the South, temperatures exceeding 30 degrees have been recorded), will be essential in closed environments (homes, offices, supermarkets, shops …).
According to some experts, however, i air flows it generates can be carriers of the virus over a meter away.
This is why good system maintenance and filter sanitation are essential to prevent any risks.
- For domestic systems, before their use, check the status of the filters and change or clean them if necessary following the manufacturer’s instructions
(Want to know how to clean air conditioning filters and which products to use to do it? Click here)
- Of course, a thorough sanitation is essential if there is (or has been) a person who has tested positive or, in any case, sick in the house.
- Always ventilate closed rooms by opening windows as soon as possible. This will prevent the air from stagnating and becoming a transmission vehicle. This is especially important in truly closed environments such as offices. At the end of the working day, turn off the air conditioner and change the air.
- In offices, shops, supermarkets …. air conditioning systems must be checked and cleaned every week with specific antibacterial products.
- Do not use the recirculation function, among the most dangerous for the transport of pathogens. Even in the car and on public transport, this mode should be avoided. Even in these environments, always remember to open the windows from time to time.
- L’air conditioning is particularly dangerous in public spaces such as gyms, supermarkets, restaurants … Where there is a greater possibility that asymptomatic patients are present. This is why constant sanitation and frequent air changes are essential in these environments anduse of the mask is mandatory.
Maybe you might be interested
Nabhi Yoga, for a conscious practice
NABHI YOGA is a line of products that respects the environment according to the spirit of those who practice yoga, made with carefully selected raw materials to meet the needs of the practitioner.
keep it going ”
Detox tips for spring
With winter almost upon us, Christmas and Carnival just archived, it’s time to think about purifying the body in view of spring. Here’s why to do it and 5 detox drink recipes that you can easily make at home.
keep it going ”