With the 2021 budget law, the baby bonus was confirmed and extended. From 1 July 2021, according to forecasts, it will be called Universal Childbirth Allowance and will be extended to everyone regardless of the ISEE. Furthermore, the increase in the amount of 20% by the second child following the first is confirmed.
The bonus bebis it is the economic contribution for infants, for children taken up for adoption or in foster care, which the State pays out through the INPS. From 2020 it is given regardless of the ISEE.
The duration of the benefit is one year, from the date of birth of the baby or from the date of entry of the child into the family.
The amounts of the 2021 baby bonus are as follows:
- Bonus of 80 euros per month for those with a high income (above 40 thousand euros);
- Bonus of 120 euros per month for those with an average income (between 7001 and 40 thousand euros);
- Bonus of 160 euros per month for those with low income (equal to or less than 7000 euros).
Furthermore, the increase in the amount of 20% by the second child following the first is confirmed:
- 96 euros per month, for those with an income above 40 thousand euros;
- 104 euros for those with an income between 39999 and 7001 euros;
- of 192 euros for incomes equal to or less than 7000 euros.
The application for the allowance is presented online to INPS – via SPID or electronic identity card -, as a rule, only once for each child through the dedicated service, which also allows you to view the result.
Alternatively, you can apply via:
- Contact center on 803 164 (free from landlines) or 06 164 164 from mobile networks;
- Patronage bodies and intermediaries of the Institute, through the telematic services offered by them.