During pregnancy, the woman’s body transforms to accommodate the fetus in the best way. However, some changes don’t necessarily have to do with the womb and belly. For example…
by Alessia Altavilla
The changes that transform a woman’s body during pregnancy are definitely surprising and concern not only the size of the uterus or the increase in the volume of the abdominal area.
Here are 9 lesser-known curiosities that highlight even more how amazing the human body is.
- THE LONGEST PREGNANCY LASTED ONE YEAR AND TEN DAYS
As absurd as it may seem, a 25-year-old woman from Los Angeles gave birth after 375 days instead of the normal 280.
- PREGNANT WOMEN AND NEW MOMS CAN AUTOMATICALLY LOSE MILK WHEN THEY HEAR A BABY CRY. EVEN IF THE CHILD WAS NOT THEIR
Milk production it is determined by oxytocin, a hormone that promotes breastfeeding making it possible. Several factors intervene to stimulate it. Among the less known, even the image of a child in a photograph, the cry of a baby or the thought of one’s own child.
- DURING PREGNANCY, THE UTERUS GOES FROM THE SIZE OF A PEACH TO THE SIZE OF A WATERMELON
During the 9 months of pregnancy the uterus grows exponentially: from the initial size of a peach in the first trimester, it becomes the size of a papaya in the second to explode in the third and reach the size of a watermelon.
- IN PREGNANCY THE FOOT CAN GROW BY ONE SIZE
During pregnancy, the body produces 50% more fluids to allow for the growth and development of the baby. This causes swelling especially in the feet, hands, legs and ankles. This is why it is sometimes necessary to buy shoes that are one size larger than your own.
- DURING PREGNANCY, HAIR GROWS FASTER AND IS MORE VOLUMINOUS
Among the consequences of the hormonal changes of pregnancy, also the sudden growth of hair and hair and the increase in their volume.
- IT IS POSSIBLE TO BRING A CHILD INTO THE WORLD EVEN WHEN THE MOTHER’S BRAIN DEATH IS DECLARED
There are many cases around the world of women declared brain dead who have still managed to give birth to their child.
- THE BIGGEST BABY AT BIRTH WEIGHED 6kg AND 300gr
6,300 grams of child delivered without epidural. This is the record set by an Australian mother who gave birth to her ‘baby’ in a completely natural way.
- WHEN PREGNANT, THE BLOOD COAGULATES FASTER
- MOM AND BABY CAN HAVE THE SAME TASTES
What the mother eats during pregnancy is passed on to the baby through the amniotic fluid. This is why mom’s tastes often influence the baby’s choices when he goes from breastfeeding to solid foods.
Maybe you might be interested
My little one … how much do you cost me?
From pregnancy to the first year of a child’s life, how much does a couple spend on their first child on average? When does the birth of a child affect family expenses?
keep it going ”