The baby’s 3-month crisis is known to be one of his first evolutionary moments! During this period, the little one can suck less, decrease his weight gain and cry more easily.
But like most first-time moms, this is just another phase! Shall we understand it better?
Common symptoms of the 3-month crisis
Although it is known as a 3-month crisis, this phase can start at 2, when the baby starts to look in the mother’s eye, having fun and imitating some gestures. He begins to realize that the mother is an independent being from him, which can also become a distressing moment.
As a result, your nights of sleep change, and your cries begin to be more frequent. See other more common symptoms:
- Baby is easily distracted during feeds and becomes more restless;
- Acquires a greater ability to extract milk and breast faster (between 3 and 5 minutes);
- She cries on her chest (probably because she is already satisfied);
- You gain less weight per month;
- Sleep badly or “fight” to sleep;
- Make less poop;
- The mother’s breasts seem to be less full, which gives the impression that milk production is insufficient.
This is the most confusing period for the mother, who may think that the little one is not feeding properly, since there is also a reduction in the child’s weight.
Despite its short duration, about 15 days, the 3-month crisis can be quite intense. But very calm! This process, also called the developmental leap, is very important for baby’s growth.
How do you know if everything’s okay with the baby?
This is a moment that in the baby will require a lot of collar and attention. Still, it’s okay. To reassure the paps, other positive signs are shown, like:
- Right grip, no cracks in the chest;
- Baby sucks well and pees a lot;
- Gains weight and grows in height;
- He develops and acquires new skills;
- He gets smarter and smarter and more active and he looks at everything.
What does Mom need to do during the 3-month crisis?
Keep calm and understand that this period will pass! At that stage, the mother has to trust, believe in the power to nurture her child. It is worth remembering that it is not necessary to interfere with artificial milk.
It is common for many women to think that their baby is starving, but know that the human body is a super intelligent machine! It “makes” the ideal amount that the baby demands. So trust your body!
Remember that the baby needs to go through this crisis to grow!
Volcanic effect on baby’s sleep: what it is and how to avoid it
Why do babies surprise some people?
Terrible two: Get ready for the two-year baby crisis!