Spring has finally arrived: here are many ideas to play with colors, seeds, elements of nature. Lots of spring chores for children to do as a family
Spring crafts for children
In these spring months, even if the longer and warmer days invite you to go out and play outdoors, we can also put our creativity to good use and invent many activities to do in close contact with nature, in some cases using precisely the elements that nature itself offers. Here are some ideas for making gods spring chores or creative do-it-yourself activities together with children.
In this article
Creative spring work
Here are some ideas for spending time with children creatively:
- Colored puddles: spring is synonymous with flowers, colors, sun but also with some passing downpours. What’s better than going outside to play and jumping in puddles? It is one of the most popular activities for children and if we equip ourselves with colors and brushes we can indulge the imagination with the children to color the puddles and dress them up for spring!
- The baby food: many birds arrive in spring: we can create small colored baskets and fill them with seeds to give to the birds that arrive on our balcony.
- Gardening: some simple tools and lots of seeds or small plants just born. Children will be able to play with the earth, dig, sow and observe the growth of their plants. And if you really want to have fun, copy the idea proposed on Bimbi Creativi.
- Colorful bouquets: pick wild flowers and make small bouquets to arrange at home: put some natural dyes in the water.
- The album of spring: children will be able to fill their personal album with drawings, bits of dried leaves and flowers, sticks and any other spring thing that catches their attention.
- A treasure of nature: a carton where eggs are kept can turn into a treasure chest, where you can keep all the little precious things found in the garden.
- A truly original vase: an eggshell becomes a jar where you can arrange a bit of earth and seeds and see many green leaves grow.
- Rainbow spaghetti: the idea is from Mammaacs. Just cook the spaghetti by putting the most diverse food colors in the water. And you can eat them too!
Kindergarten spring chores
Together with the children we can make simple creations to celebrate the arrival of the most beautiful season of the year, the important thing is that they are super colorful!
- The box of the seasons: we can copy the idea proposed by Bimbi Creativi and create a sensory box to explain the changing of the seasons to the little ones. Here is the material to make it: cardboard box, vinyl glue, scissors, colored sheets, 1 roll of toilet paper, green tempera, colored paste, modeling paste, colored corn, cotton, colored feathers, hot glue, foam rubber. Mammaacs also proposes a job to tell children about the alternation of the seasons and the arrival of spring with a delightful flowering tree. If you want you can also make a giant one to put in the classroom.
- The flowering tree: The Flowering Tree is a simple, simple job for kindergarten kids to do. You need brown cardboard, pink and green tissue paper, glue, scissors, pencil, compass.
Spring chores of teacher Mary
Teacher Mary proposes an entire section of his blog dedicated to spring. There are:
- banners and decorations: colorful and animated flowers, butterflies and birds of many colors are the protagonists of the banners that we can print and hang in the classroom or color as desired with the children. Just print the shapes on colored cards and then cut them out;
- Covers for spring-themed notebooks for children to print and color;
- Bookmarks floral theme.
Spring chores for primary school
At primary school, every job can become an opportunity to learn something new. Here is a section of creative and useful works inspired by spring:
Lava Lamp: a quick and easy job that also offers the opportunity to teach children the density of liquids through a fun activity. You need a plastic bottle, funnel, oil, water, food coloring, effervescent tablet.
The clouds: also in this case, proposed by Bimbi Creativi, the job is an excellent opportunity to manipulate and experiment. You need a transparent bowl, smaller bowls, droppers, water, milk, food coloring.
Spring chores Pinterest
We all know that Pinterest is a real gold mine if we are looking for inspiration to make DIY creations. And the spring is the host. We have selected a few really original idea:
Decorative flowers: a simple umbrella turns into an original flower stand to decorate the house and say goodbye to the rains of winter
a painting with stones: during the first walks on the beach on beautiful spring Sundays, collect stones and stones that you can color and use to create a truly unique painting to hang with the children. And with the stones, pieces of wood and other elements of nature that you find during picnics or trips out of town you can indulge your imagination to create different landscapes.