Clothes for children: a guide to choosing the garments never again without, the essential elements for going to school or a birthday party.
Clothes for children, a small guide to a sustainable wardrobe
One of the greatest entertainment of parents is to hunt down baby clothes for any occasion and share the passion for shopping with their children. Sometimes we travel on the same wavelength, other times personal tastes intervene in the choice of clothing. The occasions in which the child finds himself immersed in environments other than school and family ones can be many: anniversaries, special events, a birthday, or simple picnics in the park. In any case, choosing the right dress that makes the baby feel comfortable and comfortable in the first place (and obviously likes it!) Is the first step. We have prepared a small shopping guide for children that ranges from how to dress children at school or at a garden party, so that you have the necessary items in the wardrobe without spending too much or wasting.
In this article
Clothes for children, the clothes to choose for school
How to dress children in kindergarten
At daycare or preschool, children need practicality. Building the school wardrobe for them (and of course for mom and dad) is easier if they wear an apron. But in general, choosing comfortable, practical garments that allow the child to manage them independently is the best choice. Among these, the never again without are:
- suits, prefer sweatshirts with zip and joggers model trousers with elastic waistband
- sneakers or slippers with strap
- t-shirt in natural or organic cotton
To which you will have to add the accessories necessary and required by the school such as the backpack, the water bottle, the bib and the inevitable anti-slip socks for gym activities.
How to dress children for school
In the 6-11 range and more generally when children attend primary school, once again opting for practicality is the winning choice. Also in this case go ahead to suits and sport trousers is leggings for little girls. Here are the items to have absolutely in the wardrobe of the little ones:
- two-piece suits, both sporty and more elegant by varying the fabrics (for example velvet or chenille for the winter)
- leggings in prints
- t-shirt long and short sleeve
- sneakers comfortable
- yes to denim and jeans as long as they do not force the child to sit at the desk: it is better to opt for those in stretch fabric
Elegant baby clothes for special occasions
Children’s formal dresses
Especially if the children are older, it is good to start letting them choose the clothes to wear on special occasions, which may seem stranger and “bulky” to them (especially if they are used to wearing overalls every day!). In general there is no rule because, in fact, it depends on the child and his tastes. There are little girls who don’t like skirts and wouldn’t wear them for any reason, so opt for palazzo pants or for miniature suits with jacket and skinny trousers may be the solution. And, on the contrary, there are sissies who love sequins, sequins and fluffy skirts and who will therefore love the ballerina style dresses, with wide tutu-skirts, tights and a precious t-shirt.
For boys, the matter is the same: the advice not to waste time and invest money in unsustainable clothes for their tastes is to go shopping together, so as to identify at least the style of clothing for the occasion. There are children who really appreciate accessories modeled on those used by adults (small ties, bow ties, Borsalino-style hats) and others who would never take sneakers off their feet. Better to be aware of their tastes without being defensive if they do not meet the expectations of the parents.
How to dress up children on birthday
Birthday, especially your own, is a special occasion that deserves an equally memorable outfit. Always following the tastes of children and their age, choosing the clothes for the party is a way to celebrate an important day. The key thing to do before buying your little one’s birthday party dress is to ask yourself a few questions:
- Where will the party take place? Obviously it changes a lot if it takes place in a park or in a playroom. So keep in mind the temperatures, the season and how much the child could sweat or get dirty in the location
- Is there a theme? If the party is themed, the child might like to follow him with the right dress.
How to save on baby clothes
The real problem with baby clothes is that they wear too little! Up to the age of 12, every season it is practically impossible not to make new purchases for essential and basic garments, not to mention the shoes that should be checked and possibly changed with a certain cyclical nature.
Many parents are looking for a way to save money by shopping for baby clothes smartly. Which, in fact, exist. Here are the tricks to avoid blasting the bill at each change of season:
- Go for thrift stores: there are some that resell, properly sanitized, garments still with tags at unmissable prices.
- Buy strategically at sales: and this means buying winter clothes in the summer and summer clothes at the sales that traditionally start after Christmas.
- Barter: a way to exchange garments and clothing that can unleash a virtuous and closet-empty chain with friends who have children of the same age or older
- Company stores and outlets: scattered throughout the peninsula, these savings centers also allow you to buy big names at bargain prices for all ages.