Which changing table to choose when a baby is born and how to organize it in a functional and practical way
One of the most useful and important purchases after the birth of a baby is the changing table. It is a support, rigid or soft and padded, on which the newborn can be placed during the diaper change and daily cleaning operations. For many mothers the changing table becomes the place where they can cuddle the baby, play with their feet and hands, tickle their stomach. It is a accessory essential that must be chosen carefully, based on the size, the space available in the house and the budget. Here are all the right tips and advice to buy the suitable changing table to individual needs and how to organize this important mini-environment in the most functional way.
Best budget changing table on offer
Among the many proposals we have chosen this one.
Italbaby changing table
A changing mat with two safety sides, made of soft phthalate-free PVC fabric, adaptable to all changing tables thanks to the special pocket at the bottom. It can be placed on the edge of the bed or on any shelf or cabinet. In the reviews of customers, almost all positive, we discover the advantages of the product and something to pay attention to.
PRO: The mattress is soft and comfortable for the baby, has side rails that protect the baby and is easy to clean.
AGAINST: Dimensions may not be as accurate as those indicated.
Which changing table to choose?
Just take a tour of the childcare shops to realize how many different types of changing tables there are on the market. We can summarize them as follows:
- Portable: it is a soft and padded mattress that can be easily closed to be carried in your bag anywhere. A type of travel changing table, in conclusion. Here is a model among the most purchased on Amazon:
Baby Dream portable changing mat, Crystal Baby Smile
Compact and lightweight when folded, this travel changing mat extends up to 104cm. The large mesh pockets with zip closure can accommodate all the items necessary for changing the baby. It is made of non-toxic material, without azo and flatal dyes. In the reviews of Amazon customers, almost all positive, we read pros and cons.
PRO: it is resistant and waterproof plastic, easy to wash and full of very useful pockets. We read among the opinions of those who bought it that the changing table is large enough and has a slightly padded part to rest the baby’s head. It has an excellent quality – price ratio. Closed it is neither bulky nor rigid. Absolutely recommended by many moms.
AGAINST: it is a bit small and when the child grows it can be difficult to use.
- On the wall: in the case of wall changing table, the piece attaches to the wall with the appropriate accessories and can also be unhooked and closed to make more space;
- Changing bag: some change bags also include a practical changing mat that can be opened when needed and used on all occasions;
- Changing table with baby bath: a complete but light system to be placed in the bathroom and which consists of the changing table that covers the bath tub;
- Changing table: in this case, instead, we are talking about a real cabinet to be placed in the child’s bedroom that includes the changing table on the top and the drawers for storing the baby’s clothes and underwear. In some cases we also find the tub for bathing in the first months;
- Folding changing table: that resealable it is the right choice for those with limited space. It is a lightweight changing table that can be easily closed and stored in a corner or moved from room to room.
Best changing table by price range
Of course, we find products of all types and all prices on sale. Let’s see which are the best known brands to try to orient yourself in the choice:
- Ikea: the leading Swedish furniture company offers changing tables with essential and very practical lines. They range from those that attach to the wall to those that can be closed with an integrated tray, up to wooden drawers with changing table and drawers. They can be bought from € 29.90
- Cam: Cam, the all-Italian company of baby products, offers a rich line of baby bath and changing products. We can range from changing tables on drawers to those that attach to the tub in different possibilities, up to those that can be placed on the bathtub at home. They can be bought from 68 euros
- Chicco: Cuddle is the Chicco changing table combined with the large and comfortable bath tub complete with pockets and containers for storing detergents and cleaning accessories. It can be bought for 99 euros
- Foppapedretti: in the Foppapedretti changing table collections we find different solutions of drawers and cabinets with changing table which, in many cases, also include the tub, perfect for the first months of the baby’s life. They can be bought from 159 euros
Prenatal: in stores and in the online shop …