Baby names – extraordinary names for girls & boys
Baby names – extraordinary names for girls & boys
You are pregnant, congratulations! Are you probably already wondering what your little one should be called soon?
Finding the right baby name is definitely not easy. After all, there are thousands of first names for boys and girls to choose from. And then both you and your partner have to like the name … To help you choose, we have put together a few search tips and unusual names for girls and boys for you.
The most popular first names
The most popular first names in 2020 were Emilia and Noah, followed by Hanna (h) and Emma for the girls, and Leon and Paul for the boys Playground hear. But are you one of those mothers who would like their child to have an extraordinary first name?
Name generator helps with the choice
In that case there are many ways of finding a name these days. You can browse through a name book the old-fashioned way and let yourself be inspired by the selection. Or you can get help from a name generator from the Internet: with the random number generators you get options to narrow down your search according to certain criteria (e.g. girl or boy name, length of name or origin). Even apps can help you find the right baby name these days.
To make your search for the perfect baby name a little easier, we have put together extraordinary names for girls and boys, including their meanings, in the following sections.
Exceptional girl names
You already know you are going to have a girl? How wonderful! Here are five extraordinary and rare girl names you might like:
- Elin: this beautiful name comes from Sweden, where it is already quite popular. In Germany, however, it occurs rather seldom. This short form of Helena means “the radiant one”
- Kayla: this unusual first name comes from the African and is not yet very common in Germany. The name originally comes from the old Irish “Coal” and means something like “slim”
- Noelia: the rare name Noelia comes from the Spanish version of Nathalie, which means “born on Christmas”
- Thea: this maiden name was very popular in the 1930s but is used quite rarely today. The short form of Dorothea and Theodora comes from the Greek and means “gift of God”
- Yara: this name immediately catches the eye because of the “Y”. Yara is Greek for “peace”
Exceptional boy names
Are you pregnant with a boy? Fantastic! Then maybe there is one of these five extraordinary first names for your son:
- Elric: this name means “noble ruler” and “man of hearts” and comes from Old High German
- Flynn: this rare name comes from Irish and means “son of the red-haired man”
- Kiyan: this name comes from Persian and means “king of kings”
- Nelio: the Spanish short form of Cornelius means something like “from the Corneliern family” in German
- Silvan: this rare first name comes from the Latin “Silvanus” and stands for “the one from the forest”
First names for girls and boys
Some would prefer to be surprised by the time their child is born, whether it will be a boy or a girl. But would you like to choose a name for your little one? There may be a first name among the following five unisex names that you might like:
- Charlie: this first name for girls and boys comes from old German and means “the capable one”. Charlie is descended from Karl on the one hand and Charlotte on the other
- Ellis: this name comes from Elisabeth or Ellice, or from Elias and Elijah. The female variant stands for “the god worshiped”, the male means “the friendly one”
- Maxi: this short form of Maximilian, Maxima and Maximiliane is wonderfully suitable for a girl or a boy
- Robin: this nickname from Robert is not only suitable for boys but also for girls
- Toni: the short form of Anton or Antonia is great as a unisex name. It is derived from “Aton”, which stands for sun
More information and tips about your pregnancy in the blog
Are you pregnant and considering taking a neck fold measurement? Read here what is examined in the neckfold measurement.
Would you like to get pregnant dearly and recognize your fertile days for it? We’ll explain how it works.
Are you going to be a mom soon and are you looking for a very special baby name? We’ll reveal unusual names for girls and boys.
Are you pregnant and will you have twins? We’ll tell you everything you should know about your double happiness.
Being pregnant is a whole new experience. Read here how you can relax and enjoy your new feeling during pregnancy.
Preparation in pregnancy. Here are a few tips for a relaxed start with your baby!
Pregnancy check-ups offer important protection for mother and baby. Here you can find out what to expect ▸
Many women experience nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. What tips are there against pregnancy sickness? Find out ▸
Why is folic acid important in pregnancy? And how can the demand be met? Find out more here ▸
What drinks can you drink while pregnant? Which should you avoid? Find out more here ▸
Yoga Precautions During Pregnancy ✓ Benefits of Prenatal Yoga ✓ At Home or in Class? ✓ How does it work? ✓ Read it now ▸
Diet in twin pregnancy – tips & ideas ✓ Information on weight gain ✓ Nutrients & foods ✓ Find out more here ▸
Discover the benefits of exercise during pregnancy and what to look for. Get your pregnancy moving now ▸
Instructions for becoming a father: Tips before the birth ✓ the day of the birth – what is important? ✓ Advice for after the birth ✓ This is how the support works ▸
Health appointments midwife ✓ gynecologist ✓ preventive care ✓ ultrasound ✓ screenings ✓ amniocentesis ✓ chorionic biopsy & Co. ✓ now for an overview ▸
What to eat more? ▸ Nutritional tips on pregnancy sickness, heartburn and constipation ▸ What should you avoid? ▸ Discover tips now ▸
Fitness during pregnancy – an overview of indoor & outdoor sports ✓ What you should consider when exercising during pregnancy ▸
Administrative documents ✓ The bag for the delivery room ✓ Everything for the days after ✓ and everything for your baby ▸ To the checklist for the clinic bag ▸
Diet ✓ Exercise ✓ Food supplements & more. Positive Pregnancy Test: Follow These 10 Tips. Read now ▸
Only accept essential cookies
Individual data protection settings
|providers||Owner of this website, legal notice|
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Baby names – extraordinary names for girls & boys
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, twitter and whatsapp with the hashtags ☑️ #Baby #names #extraordinary #names #girls #boys ☑️!